[Sca-cooks] Re: food safety

James DuVal darkagescook at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 20 16:10:12 PST 2003

Hello this James MacCoag of Barony of Atenveldt

I have been lurking about and trying to catch up to you (didn't realize the volume of messages posted to this site. WOW)

the subject of food safety is on I am very familiar with. I was a cook and a Chef for over 20yrs. I even attended Culinary School.

The Disipline you are lookg for is HACCP (Hazarduos Analisis of Critiacl Control Points) developed by Pilsbury (early to Mid 60s) for the Space Program. 1st implamented by Red Lobster Restuarants in the Comercial world.

http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/haccp.html

The most Important thing to take from all of this learn what will hurt you and what will kill you. Work to prevent it or stop from growing any further. We will never work in a sterale enviroment. not even the food stuff we work with are sterale. just as clle and fresh as possible.

In my experiance cross contamination and holding foods at the proper tempurature under  40 degrees F. or above 140 degrees F. are the two rules broken most often and the easyiest to fix and a bucket of bleach water to wash every thing down with (santizer).

James MacCoag of the Clan MacCoag

 Coquimus Ergo Edatis