[Sca-cooks] Ok let's try this... Here is the... change the subject line...

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Mon Jan 20 19:23:19 PST 2003

Ok now while I do appreciate the compliment
Thank You by the way.

I did want to say something here....
Cause Olwen said this same sort of thing....
and I can't let it go without comment...

All of us on this list are here to inspire each other,  no one has any
paltry attempts.  I could show you fifty or more things wrong with that
house I made, but the one thing I can say positive about it overshadows
every single negative.  That project as with the project before it, and
as with I am sure most other future feasts and projects were inspired by
this list.  Not only that they were and will be assisted by this list.
BTW thanks Gorgeous Muiredach, and the Nice Lady who I hope will not be
insulted when I sadly admit that I can't remember her name, (Told ya),
They popped on IM's one night to help confirm that this actual house
passed some authenticity lookovers.  Thanks Olwen for the Marzipan, the
advice, the hugs, and listening to me bitch.
All of our efforts from the members of this list reflect back on the
cooks of the SCA.  It helps our fellow SCA  members stand up and say "Oh
hey it might not be just about whacking each other over the head."
This list has inspired someone who got on here to use this place as a
sounding board for Feast Hall decorating to actually cook in a period
style, and cook period food.  (That'd be lil ol' me) The projects for A
& S may have been periodoid for various reasons but my first feast was
period food and my next one will be as well.
So basically I am saying that No one on this list should feel the need
to belittle something they have done because someone else turns out
something that looks really cool.  (Specially since I was trained in
college to build scale models for theatre, out of various mediums) We
all share our projects, feasts etc... to inspire each other and to thank
each other for helping.
But once again, hey Thank You for the compliment.  And hey let's see
some pics of those castle cakes...

Nichola