[Sca-cooks] School Food OOP

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Jan 22 15:56:02 PST 2003

My least favorite item on the school menu was something called "Cheese
Dreams".  Take a hamburger bun and open it up so you have two unconnected
halves.  Put Velveeta and fake bacon bits on each half and run it under the
broiler.  (Shudder.)

On the up side, my high school made their own soup.  Wonderful stuff.

Nowadays, you get things like cheese sticks and dipping sauce called a meal.
One of the school districts I work in had a lunch called "Strings and
Sticks".  As I recall, it was two bread sticks, and two or three things of
string cheese - not the good Armenian stuff, the cheapo processed Mozzarella
stuff.  This was for middle school - 12 and 13 year olds.  I cannot imagine
any of them felt like they'd had anything but a snack.  Fortunately, it is
not appearing on the menu this year.

Brangwayna