Edible mysteries- was [Sca-cooks] OOP request: Jellied salad???

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Jan 23 10:29:07 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> (Sarcastically) Oh, yum.  I'll have to try this one on my family. NOT!
> Liadan Arundel
>  Rosine <rosine at sybercom.net> wrote:Oh - and "baloney boats"! One slice of
baloney with an ice cream scoop's
> worth of mashed potatoes in the middle, crossed over with two slivers of
> processed cheese, then baked until the baloney curls around the potato and
> the cheese melts to glue it together.

My mother loves to tell a story about when we were kids, living in
Baltimore. Out of her very minimal food allowance, she had managed to get a
bottle of wine and some fresh shrimp, and thought she'd make the family (me
(5?), my younger brother and sister, Daddy, and herself) a special meal-
don't remember what she said it was, but the shrimp was in a wine sauce.
Just as we'd sat down to eat, a neighbor boy came over, and she invited him,
but he said he'd just eaten, so we went ahead, and as might be expected, I
said "Ick" so my brother and sister said "Ick" and none of us would eat it.
At this point, the neighbor chimed in and said, "Oh, we had my favorite-
Fried Bologna."

She was not thrilled....

Phlip

cat.