School Food (was Re: [Sca-cooks] OOP request: Jelliedsalad???) still OOP

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Jan 23 16:15:45 PST 2003

At 03:08 PM 1/23/03 -0500, you wrote:
>(the 'freshman 20' would not exist in legend and lore if college
>foodservice were so universally and unarguably inedible, methinks . . .
>. many bad examples to be sure . . . there are many millions of students
>yet to be heard from pro or con<g>)
>pacem et bonum,
>niccolo difrancesco

Not so, Niccolo- the case generally is- the dorm food is awful, let's order
pizza!/go to McDonald's/have chips and pop in our room/throw some Hot
Pockets-popcorn-LeanCuisine in the microwave mom got us...

Not to mention the gallons of MtDew/Pepsi/lattes/frappuchino etc. they put
away during paper and exam season.

Annie OTOH is living on rice and lentils and produce, because it's all she
can afford. She's not likely to pick up the Freshman Fifteen.

'Lainie