[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #3125 - 15 msgs/was Jellied Salad...

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com
Fri Jan 24 04:45:16 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/23/03 9:52:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
adamantius.magister at verizon.net writes:

> So, can anybody explain to me about the tradition of PA Dutch (and
> German -- not to mention Kosher) bologna? It doesn't resemble
> mortadella di Bologna, and the last time I checked, neither PA nor
> Germany were in northern Italy. Why is this stuff bologna, and not
> generic/specific/wurst or kishka?
>
> Adamantius

I would think maybe just of the syntax of it. It is more of a kielbasa in
appearance but I don't know where to categorize the taste. Anyone in PA care
to send me a package and a sample if its on me? <snicker> Plus,  we PA Dutch
people are kinda weird and flop flopped.

Misha