Brats and mush (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Baloney boats (was OOP request: Jellied salad???))

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Fri Jan 24 06:51:30 PST 2003

> >From: "a5foil" <a5foil at ix.netcom.com>
> >>  Actually I have a grown-up recipe using bratwurst and mash
flavored
> >with  bacon, onion and a little vinegar. It is yummy. In fact, I
think it
> >might be  tonight's dinner ...  Aelfwynn

> >Do avoid the spoon tease" chorus and send the receipt when you get
the
> >time.  <vbg>
> >I have 6# of brats and some semolina and corn meal in the pantry
even
> >now.  Could be a new experiment for serving to the lovely wife with
food
> >particularity.  niccolo

> Wasn't that "mash", rather than "mush"? Oh, to hear with Southern
> ears an' a' that, but I think this is more a variant on bangers and
> mash (as in mashed potatoes).> Adamantius

Yup.  Noticed that right off when my post hit the list.  It's those
vowels that get me every time.  Then . . . I thought . . . a little
stiff polenta with parmesan and saffron scooped onto brats could be a
keen variant.  You say potato, I say corn meal . . . you know how it
goes.  I really am thinking about that boudin, croquetti and sauces
thing for a dinner party.  Here in Grantville, it could pass as Nouvelle
Cuisine if I serve small enough portions :o)

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco
(notice the appropriate use of three dots in my elipses . . . makes me
proud)