[Sca-cooks] Trying again

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Fri Jan 24 13:14:32 PST 2003

At 09:21 AM 1/24/03,Jim Fox-Davis said something like:

>OBFOOD:  So, what foods help -develop- the immune system, and did our
>ancestors try to express these things by use of the 'humours'?
>
>Jared

Maybe that is where the old grandma saying "You eat a pound of dirt in your
life." came from? There's no better way to immunize yourself against the
local crawlies than just eating them.

Did you ever read the Mother Earth News article where they discussed
natural remedies for first aid? I especially remember one where they told
you if you had a cut on your finger, to put it in your mouth and suck on
it. You removed foreign bodies from the cut, and gave yourself a shortcut
to working on resistance to whatever ickies were in it. After that, if
there was an issue, for some reason i seem to recall they recommended
dressing it with honey (which is .. anerobic? antimicrobial? something)

Regards,
Maggie