[Sca-cooks] OT,Angle dresses

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Jan 24 15:26:09 PST 2003

At 06:21 PM 1/24/03 -0500, you wrote:
>> >And while we are on the subject, what about angel dresses? Were they
>> >real back then or are they fantasy?
>
>12th century French -

Kinda sorta- like I said, *mostly* medievalish. The standard SCA 'angel
dress' has little in common witht he cut and drape of a 12-century bliaut.
It has more in common with houppelands, but unfortunately suffers from the
biggest sin of most SCA costumers- not enough fabric.

Speaking of angels- does anyone know the origins of angel-food cake? Is
that one of those where 'they couldn't have done it becasue they didn't
have the Williams-Sonoma balloon whisp collection', or something else? It's
really so simple...

'Lainie