[Sca-cooks] OT,Angle dresses

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Fri Jan 24 15:21:58 PST 2003

> >And while we are on the subject, what about angel dresses? Were they
> >real back then or are they fantasy?

12th century French - I don't have the brain power to find the URL for it,
but there's some really good websites (one in particular, someone of the
Med. Lit list would know what I'm trying to remember, help me out here) with
pictures of Chartres Cathedral. The facades around the doors, especially the
eastern facades, show women and men in the full blown-out anglewing gowns
(along with some very pretty bliuats). The women, btw, all had their hair
parted in the middle and braided in long tresses of three-braid (vice being
wrapped in ribbon) hanging over their shoulders.

Rosine
(drug-befuddled, sorry! pain meds...)