[Sca-cooks] OT, IP, T-Tunic oops

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Jan 24 14:34:38 PST 2003

Also sprach Isabella di Giovanni:
>--
>
>Ooops. Sorry, but my t-tunics are just that...the ill-fitting, make
>me look like a battleship (oh, wait a minute, I think the spaghetti
>did that ;-)   ) ones that I don't think are really authentic. I
>love them, but I am trying to get the design that goes with my
>persona, and I don't think these do. Especially with a yoke?
>
>If anyone has any ideas where I can get info on the gusseted ones I
>would appreciate it.

See http://www.virtue.to/articles/tunic_worksheet.html  .

Let's not hold the fact that the author is an East Kingdom Laurel (I
think) against her, eh ;-) ? I, of course, have no prejudices in this
area.

The basic design is great for using virtually all the fabric you'd
need anyway, even for a very simple tunic, and allows for a snugger
fit, but with great freedom of movement, than you'd otherwise get. In
other words, as I mentioned elsewhere, transition from early draped
garments to tailored ones, albeit very simple tailoring. And welcome
to the magic of bias-cut, elastic panels ;-).

>And while we are on the subject, what about angel dresses? Were they
>real back then or are they fantasy?

Uh, sorry, can't help you with that. All the angels I've ever seen
have been wearing bla... ahem... um... I've never seen an "angel
dress".

Adamantius