[Sca-cooks] OT, IP, T-Tunic oops

AF Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 25 20:41:53 PST 2003

Ah. Well, that diagram certainly explains why I don't know about it...
Whoever devised that hasn't the first clue about patterning or how
fabric behaves. I may actually have been guilty of something similar
about 14 years ago... and I inflicted it on someone else! But that's how
I discovered the wonders of gussets... my actor had to be able to move,
you see... I had mercifully blanked it from my mind, until I kept
looking at the diagram.

Did I mention I came to the SCA *through* an interest in historic costume?

But thank you - it is often helpful to know SCA history, if for no other
reason than to explain that we know more now. And after all, it took
time and effort to get here, that might not have been expended if people
hadn't been wearing this... and wondering about it... Similar to things
that I gather people cooked, and started wondering about...

Anne