[Sca-cooks] Oklahoma Liquor Laws

Stacy Robinson katrenfitzgerald at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 10:25:13 PST 2003

In Kay county they can sell beer on sunday....and
thats it.(which of course holds little interest for
me)I know some states are evan worse than here.
Mississippi still has dry counties, Kansas has no
alchohol on Sundays at all and I beleave Kentucky has
some odd restrictions on alchohol as well.

I called a cousin of mine who is in law enforcement
and WOW! The OK state laws of the transportation of
liquor from across the state line are strict. It
states that you can transport it into the state but
only enough for personal consumption. Which means no
more than one case of beer or one fifth of hard
liquor. Any more than that is a 500 dollar fine, and
an excessive amount can get you arrested on the spot.

Its definatly food for thought when we go to buy for
cordialing or for the next event....

Katren