[Sca-cooks] South Carolina Laws

Wed Jan 29 13:40:12 PST 2003

I remember that there is an impressive list of spirits George Washington
provided the voters of his district (all 24? 27? of them), which ensured his
election in his first campaign for public office.

The voters were well lubricated and Washington's opponent complained about
him buying the election.

Bear