[Sca-cooks] South Carolina Laws

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 16:04:02 PST 2003

Please forgive me in advance.
Old, old family joke (I too was raised Baptist).
Two ministers are seated next to each other on a train (I said it was an old joke.)  One is Lutheran, the other Southern Baptist.  They have a long, enjoyable conversation, until they adjourn to the dining car.  The steward comes by and asks for their drinks order.  The Baptist minister orders Sweet Iced Tea.  The Lutheran orders a little wine.  Brother Roger starts scowling at Pastor Martin.  Pastor Martin says, "After all, Dear Colleague, even Our Lord turned water into wine at the Wedding at Canaa."  To which Brother Roger replied, "Yes, but I'd have liked him better if he'd done it the other way 'round."
Mordonna (streaking for the rock at lightening speed)
 Nick Sasso <NJSasso at msplaw.com> wrote:

With all respect due the traditions of the various SB groups, I
sometimes muse if there is a belief that Jesus' first public miracle at
the Wedding at Canaan was 1) turning water into pasteurized, processed
grape juice, or 2) grape juice preserved so that it is the ONLY juice
in the world that did not spontaneously ferment. Or that his Jewish
heritage somehow got corrupted at the Last Supper away from the wine of
Passover rituals to some non-fermented beverage found . . . somewhere.

Now, modern dry communion wafers stick to the roof of the mouth like no
substance known to man. No chance anyone in 30AD was making or eating
those pressed cotton discs!

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco
(you'd need C4 to leaven those thingies)

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
Atenveldt, Atenveldt
mundanely Pat Griffin