[Sca-cooks] South Carolina Laws

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jan 29 14:51:39 PST 2003

At 04:20 PM 1/29/03 -0600, you wrote:

>Well, you know why SBs (sounds so Tolkienesque, really) don't allow the
>consumption of alcohol? Because it might lead to sex. And that might lead
>to dancing. :-)
>
>Margaret, sneaking off to the Rock with a glass of Shiraz
>
>(and btw, I was raised Missouri Synod Lutheran, only slightly less
>conservative than Wisconsin Synod in that Wisconsin Synod still considers
>fire a new innovation, and SBs are considered terribly liberal)

I spent my formative years in the Assemblies of God
(Fundementalist/Pentecostal). You're ringht about the
Alcohol-->sex-->dancing progression, but you forgot teh last one- dancing
leads to card playing! =:-o

When I was in my teens, the youth group had to get special permission to
take a trip to the skating rink becasue A) skating looked awfully close to
dancing, and B) all that heathen music! We finally got to go when we rented
the rink with another couple of church groups, played only 'Christian
pop/rock', and agreed no fancy moves, hand-holding only.

Godd grief. I've sure come a long way...

'Lainie
Queen of Whipped Cream