[Sca-cooks] Canadian Liquor Laws

Marcus Antaya mantaya at cogeco.ca
Wed Jan 29 17:56:00 PST 2003

Up here in Canada, and Ontario Specifically, you can drink when you're 19.

I made a big mistake in New York State (Or Possibly NJ) when I went to an
SCA wedding, and was offering around a batch of my favourite Polar Bears,
and offered it to the Groom's sister, being 19.

Her father came up to me and angrily asked if what I was giving his daughter
was alchohol, and I answered yes.
He then said You are aware that she is 19 years old....to which I looked a
little confused and said, yes, that's why I offered it to her...

When he realized I was from Canada, and it was an honest mistake, it was
ok...I never even thought about the 21 drinking age...never even occurred to
me.

Talk about being confortable with what you know.....grin

Gyric