[Sca-cooks] Teach your children well...OT, OOP?

Diana Skaggs liadan at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 30 06:54:55 PST 2003

I'm not done holding my breath, yet.  Raising Sean was tough, because he always thought he was smarter than me.  and his teachers and everyone else.  The problem was, I taught him to use the library card catalog as soon as he could read.  If he disagreed with someone, it was off to the library to do research.  Funny, when Sean made copies of reference material in disagreement with the current textbooks, he got labeled a smarta** and blown off by the teachers.  Who, of course, had to call me and tell me about it.  Unfortunately, my opinion was why they didn't check out his research instead of teaching mindlessly from the schoolbooks?  Unsaid was my opinion my son IS smarter than you, Ms. Teacher.  How else could a 10-year-old get the better of you on your own terms?
Liadan
 Aurore <Aurore at hot.rr.com> wrote:Sounds like great moms. But sometimes even the best work still gets a
rotten egg. I will admit I was a stinker. Great kid til I got away from
home then I did something stupid and I was set back on track again. Life a
neverending learning experience. Aurore