[Sca-cooks] Ganache was . Re: RE:Beer percentages OOP

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu Jan 30 07:26:48 PST 2003

>I believe the largest confusion comes from not knowing if the
>percentage listed is by VOLUME or by WEIGHT.  You get two different
>numbers, and can lose your mind (not unlike making ganache with 8 oz of
>chocolate and 8 ounces of cream . . . you better have half pound
>chocolate and one cup crea, or you are in for a wild ride).

Except when you get folks like me who go by weight all the time.  So I
weigh both the chocolate and the cream, and I have a perfect recipe <grin>

That said, isn't alcohol percentage always listed /per vol. on beer labels
(at least that's what I thought from the major ones... Granted, I haven't
looked at beer labels in a while)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forthcastle, Meridies
mka Nicolas Steenhout
"You must deal with me as I think of myself" - J. Hockenberry