[Sca-cooks] Dayboard portions

Bethra Spicewell christina_elisabeth at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 22:26:59 PST 2003

Greetings

  When I did the dayboard for EK Crown Tourney last Sept. I
based my amounts on 300 -- Gate said there were over 500
attending, and everything worked out just about right.

  For bread, I had:  5 (? IIRC) 3 pound loaves of
pumpernickle from BJ's; 8 1 pound loaves of marble rye from
a local (to work) bakery, 10 20 oz scali (Italian type)
loaves from the pizza shop and 10 dozen mini kaiser rolls
(2 oz ?).

  I don't know if I would have run out of bread if people
weren't using it as plates, but it all went.  The rolls
seemed to be very popular, and I would be very likely to
get them again.

  I strongly agree with what others on the list mentioned
about having it pre-sliced for portion control - the scali
bread was unsliced, and some people hacked off *huge*
slabs.
Also, when I added more bread to the table, I started
slicing the slices in half, also.

Fruit:  I had 3 pounds of dried cherries, 2 of raisins and
a bushel of apples. I had a handful of raisins and about 10
apples left over.

  Hope this helps, and if you'd like more info let me know
- most of it's stashed in my MasterCook files

Bethra

=====
Christina Elisabeth de la Griffon Riant
   Barony of Stonemarche        EK