[Sca-cooks] Flavored water- was Readability

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 4 09:50:24 PDT 2003

I wrote:
>No food content... uh, well, i just found this great flavored (but
>unsweetened) carbonated water - it's got lemon, orange, and
>grapefruit flavors in it.

And 'Lainie inquired:
>Where? What is it called? Sounds like just the sort of thing I'd like- I've
>been drinking my water with a dash of lemon juice, no sugar. I'd be
>interested in a citrus blend.

Well, i bought it at Whole Foods. It's got their corporate brand
label on it ("365, every day value"). However, it also says, "Acqua
Minerale Naturale d'Italia". The full name says "Orange, Lemon and
Pink Grapefruit Sparkling Mineral Water".

Quoting from the label:
CONTAINS:
Carbonated (sparkling) mineral water, natural orange, lemon and pink
grapefruit flavors.

There's no complete mineral analysis, but the "Nutrition Facts" box
indicates, per 8 fl oz serving:
Sodium 25 mg 1%
Calcium 2% (but no amount of mgs) (and i don't know if this means
it's 2 per cent of the water, or 2 per cent of one's daily MDR)

So i suppose it's conceivable that it could be sold (under a
different brand label) in an Italian or Euro or "gourmet" market, if
there's no Whole Foods (or other shop owned by Whole Foods) near you.

Anahita