[Sca-cooks] Re: Medieval Gardens

tracey sawyer tfsawyer at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 8 00:26:03 PDT 2003

... and I read in a dectionary that the word lawn comes from the same root as laundry because they laid the clothes out flat on the grass to dry...

(after looking at Jadwiga's lovely site)

[PS - another site glitch - I can't edit my digest anymore.  Wwhen I try to the whole lot disappears.  Only seems to be this site - the ones on Yahoo still work...]

Lady Lowry ferch Gwynwynwyn ap Llewelyn   mka: Tracey Sawyer