[Sca-cooks] Tuna, tuna, tuna

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 18 12:51:00 PDT 2003

OK, so for this Roman feast i'm doing in September, i want to serve
an Apician recipe for tuna with date sauce. It's in an "appetizer"
course, so i don't need masses of it. I am thinking of 4 oz per
person - or is this too much? There will be 6 courses, with chicken,
ham, and lamb sausages in following courses, as well as hard cooked
eggs in another appetizer course. I'm making my recipes for 80 but
that will usually serve 90.

Now, there's nothing like fresh tuna - and nothing much like the
*price* of fresh tuna. Sushi grade ahi around here is close to $16
per lb. This is way beyond the budget. I'm starting a search for less
expensive fresh tuna...

But if i can't find it for less than $10 per lb, would it be awful to
serve canned tuna (gosh, i sure don't want to, but...). If i serve
canned tuna, would red meat or white meat be more suitable (i only
eat white meat, but if red is more suitable, i'll do it)

Anahita