[Sca-cooks]2 - medieval herb garden

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptdprolog.net
Wed Jul 2 08:16:31 PDT 2003

Remember from some years ago, a gardening technique called: *Square Foot Gardening*?  Well, I built my raised beds along those lines even though I don't perfectly "sq-ft" garden.

There are several advantages:
Raised beds are usually narrow so you don't walk through them. The dirt then, doesn't get packed down and is easier to work with. Also, they can be somewhat easier on your back while gardening.
 And a raised bed provides for good drainage.

A raised bed can be raised to any height , but usually it is just one railroad tie or landscaping tie high.

Phillipa