[Sca-cooks] iombils

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 2 19:34:06 PDT 2003

On 3 Jul 2003, at 11:51, Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au wrote:

> Has anyone experimented with Jumbals, specifically the ones in Food and Cooking
> in 16th Century Britain History and Recipes. (theoretically out of The good
> Huswife's Jewell book 2; anyone got the original?)
[snip]
> Anyone else out there played with this recipe or have thoughts/suggestions?
>

> Kiriel

You might find it helpful to look at the Florilegium file on rosquillas -- a ring-
shaped Spanish pastry which is also boiled before baking.  As my notes
there indicate, beating the eggs *well* made a real difference in texture.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/Rosquillas-msg.html

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net