[Sca-cooks]2 - medieval herb garden

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Thu Jul 3 11:38:53 PDT 2003

Hrm, in my herb/vegie garden I currently have:

sorrell
lovage
strawberries
fennel
calendula (pot marigold)
chicory
salad burnet
hyssop
savory
chervil
clove pinks and sweet pinks
nasturtium
lavendar
rosemary
marjoram
oregano
sage
sweet william
good king henry
peppermint
common mint
pennyroyal
chives
tansy
rue
spinach

I *think* that's about it... but I kinda lose track :)

Now the sorrell is getting pretty big I probably ought to try some of
those recipes with it.

Oh, and I used the tansy a while ago for that recipe for making "a
tansie" which is sort of an eggy herby fritter thing... it's a weird
herb, doesn't smell good and you wouldn't think you'd want to eat it,
but it was OK when I made up the recipe.  Not recommended for pregnant
women, though.

K.

katherine at infotrope.net  http://infotrope.net/sca/