[Sca-cooks] Re: Pennsic - meals, etc - sorta OT

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Jul 4 12:12:54 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Very few of you know me (lurker), but I'll be there!  Four of us are
driving
> the 2500 or so miles, sharing one car and trailer, so we will not be
bringing
> a kitchen.  I would have loved to cook for some of you.  I have been
assured
> that we can fare quite well with the food court.  However, I would like
the
> opportunity to meet as many of you as I can from this list.  Perhaps then
I would
> not be quite so shy about posting :)

Well, plan on visiting SPCA camp, in W10, near Orluk Oasis ;-) Suspect we
might be willing to let you use our kitchen, if you'd like to make something
special- can't speak for them, but I bet Blackstar might be willing too ;-)

Don't limit yourself to the night of the Potluck- we very much enjoy quiet
entertaining, and often have impromptu bardic circles, tastings, and just
general pleasantness...

Liadan, you bringing that fiddle again?

 And I AM bringing a wish list of books
> to look for at Devra's.  Tell me, do venders take checks or should we just
do
> cash/credit cards?

Well, cash is generally your best bet- anything else depends on the vendor.
We do have an ATM on site, and we can direct you to various stores, etc in
the area, if you want to make a town run. There's a particularly nice Giant
Eagle not terribly far away, and almost all of the offsite merchants are
thrilled to see us, whether in garb or mundanes- the recognize the site
token. Over the years, many of them have put up special displays, welcoming
us, and congratulating us on Pennsic XXV, or Pennsic XXX- it's most
certainly nothing like the blank looks you get in many event areas, if you
go into mundania in garb.

Plan on having a good time, and plan on setting aside a bit of cash to get
you home- if you're new to Pennsic, you'll spend more than you planned. It
would be a good idea for newbies to leave their money in camp, or with a
trusted friend and just cruise the merchants for a couple of days, learning
who has what, for the best price- there's so much there, you can easily buy
what you thought you wanted and find something even better the next day...

And, great as Devra is, there are also other book merchants with things she
doesn't stock. Check them all out ;-)

This is NOT a small event....

Phlip

 Blacksmith's credo.