[Sca-cooks] Re: Pennsic - meals, etc - sorta OT

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sat Jul 5 05:25:37 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/4/2003 2:45:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
SCAbeathog at cs.com writes:

> And I AM bringing a wish list of books to look for at Devra's.  Tell me, do
> venders take checks or should we just do cash/credit cards?

I think some do take checks - but I seriously recommend that you purchase
traveller's cheques before leaving Caid.  There have been some significant
instances of people having their tents rifled at Pennsic; I know of one case where
$700 was taken (the lady was in my camp).  It would also be safer travelling
cross-country.  At least if they steal the traveller's cheques you can get them
replaced!  And all of the merchants as well as the Cooper's Store take them.
There is also an onsite "bank" the second week that will change them to cash
for you.

Brangwayna