[Sca-cooks] NON-STICK COOKWARE

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Jul 6 06:19:35 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Hi Folks.
> I have recently been converted to the wonderfulness of non-stick cookware
> and am now on the look out for a non-stick set.  Does anybody have any
> opinions or favorite non-stick cookware lines they favor?

Well, in my opinion, non-stick (teflon-type) cookware sucks. It's very
fragile and just doesn't stand up to heavy use. IMO, you're much better off
getting good, heavy stainless or cast iron. For one thing, with heavy
stainless or cast iron, you're a lot less likely to burn anything in the
first place.

> Also, how about Cafalon (sp) that particular line of cookware.....
> What is the difference in it's commercial grade or anodized or whatever
they
> call it?
>
> Many thanks for your opinions....
> Phillipa

I haven't used the actual Calphalon, but I've used some of the knock-offs,
and was very happy with them. I've also been very happy with plain old mild
steel, if it was heavy enough- keep track of it, and it's almost as good as
cast iron, but lighter.

Just depends on what you like, and what you're cooking. Nothing, though,
substitutes for good weight in a pot or pan.

Phlip

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,