[Sca-cooks] NON-STICK COOKWARE

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 7 18:01:33 PDT 2003

I have the anodized Calphalon stuff (thanks to a generous mother-in-law) and
it is perfectly okay, but it is not my favorite. They do have a line with a
nice non-stick finish, but the only pan I have with that finish is a very
small skillet so it doesn't get much use. My absolute favorite for saucepans
is Le Creuset enameled cast iron. It heats evenly and is easy to clean. I
have several non-stick skillets and I use them for just about everything
that needs a skillet -- I just got cheapish ones and figured that it would
be more cost-effective to go through several ten-dollar pans than to buy one
hundred-dollar pan. But I do wash ALL my pans by hand.

My advice would be to buy individual pieces that suit your needs instead of
a matching set. And look for pans with relatively thick bottoms. If you can
find back issues of Cooks Illustrated they sometimes have very useful
reviews of various types of cookware -- mine are in storage, or I'd check
for you.

Cynara