[Sca-cooks] feedback on page activity -- Mustard

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jul 10 12:56:52 PDT 2003

> Notes from a former craft teacher (of elementary school kids):

Thank you!

> Give a suggestion for what type (size, estimated cost) of covered container
> to have for the kids to take home.  I regularly see cheap plastic
> containers that hold about 1/4 cup for about $1 for two.  Any ideas for
> cheaper substitutes?

For kids I'd use the 1/2 cup gladware/ziplock/whatever reusable
disposables.

> Might be easier to just have one or two mortar/pestle sets and pass them
> around, letting the kids each have a go at grinding.  Same goes with coffee
> grinder.  Either way, having some previously-ground mustard would help
> chase off Murphy's Curse

*nod* I've found that the more M&P sets you have the better; otherwise you
have squabbling over who gets to grind-- that's the really fun part, you
see.

> Hope this is all taken well, I'm just used to preparing for the worst (and
> best!) when working with kids (and adults, for that matter).

Thanks.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"If one by one we counted people out
For the least sin, it wouldn't take us long
To get so that we had no one left to live with.
For to be social is to be forgiving. " -- Robert Frost, "The Star-Splitter"