[Sca-cooks] A bewilderment...

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 11 12:49:50 PDT 2003

They are trying to make us think that the coffee creamer is richer
by calling it "half and half" .... mostly half corn syrup and half water, I'd
guess.
Not suitable for my low carb diet in any case.  I'm going back on
it after Jared's shoulder surgery, I'm not putting any more pressure
on myself than absolutely necessary these days. <sigh>

As for non-meat meat, look at the fine soy products available.
I give you "tofurky".  Certainly I don't want it.  Tofu /qua/ tofu
is fine stuff;  it's when it's forced to imitate other foods that
it becomes a joke, and one in bad taste at that.

Selene