[Sca-cooks] Walms?

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 14 22:22:22 PDT 2003

Hm, well, Cindy's glossary agrees with that, but I'm not getting what
measurement we're looking at here.  The amount of time it would take to come
to a boil?
Christianna

>From TATEOM- Glossary:
walm, walme = a boil or bubble
(A Closet for Ladies and Gentlewomen, 1636) To preserve Orenges and
Lemmons... let them boyle two or three walmes in your sirup...
(A Closet for Ladies and Gentlewomen, 1636) - To preserve Gooseberries...
Then put in your Gooseberries, and let them boyle a walme or two...