[Sca-cooks] Cooking Couscous for 200

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au
Thu Jul 17 17:39:17 PDT 2003

Couscous is a brilliantly easy alternative to rice, which I highly recommend for cooking for large numbers.  Using broth instead of plain water is great, but as everyone said, with modern couscous' you don't have to boil or bake, just add water.

My hint is: DO NOT ADD AS MUCH SALT AS THE PACKAGE MIGHT SAY.  I would in fact not add salt at all beyond what is in your broth.

Kiriel
ps. would love to hear more about use of couscous in non-middle eastern, period cooking.  Haven't seen it referred to anywhere and would dearly love to be able to use it.