[Sca-cooks] Getting the most use out of a particular food

Barbara G. Dodge awench1 at cox.net
Sat Jul 19 07:03:48 PDT 2003

***Nonfood***
Eggshells are good for fertilizing tomato plants.  Crush them up finely and
add to the soil.

Eggshells also benefit the birds if you crush it up and mix it with any seed
you use in your feeders, or scatter it where you know birds frequently feed.
It act as a calcium supplement and the shells of the eggs these birds lay
will be stronger.

Felicia