[Sca-cooks] question: Medieval restaurant at Pennsic

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sat Jul 19 10:22:02 PDT 2003

Adamantius wrote:

>  > Would you be remembering The Battlefield Bakery? Run by... ummm...
>>  I'm blanking out... Mistress Marion of Eddinstowe, of the Barony of
>  > Carolingia?

and Brangwayna replied:

>Yes, that would be it.  It's an old memory, unfortunately...I miss them.

So do we. My kids especially miss those sweet pasties. But Marian
didn't have the energy to keep it up.

But her sucess for some years is evidence that it is not impossible,
as 'Lainie  suggested, to do at least a limited version of a period
cookshop at Pennsic.

Elizabeth/Betty Cook