[Sca-cooks]Tuna, tuna, tuna

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 19 16:24:03 PDT 2003

Several folks made remarks about folks not eating fish. I don't doubt
that it's true where you live, but around here, folks actually like
fish...  Afterall, California has a very long sea coast as well as
many rivers and lakes, and we get lots of really good stuff.

Fresh tuna is like fresh salmon... yummy, yummy, yummy.

So i'm not worried about folks eating it. And, yes, i'll go with 2 oz
per person. Thanks for the suggestion Jadwiga. And yes, i'm planning
on having it pre-cut in serving sized pieces.

I only eat canned albacore tuna, although it's not as good as fresh
(heck it barely resembles fresh tuna). But the other kinds of canned
tuna taste like cat food - and, no, i haven't really eaten cat food,
to the best of my knowledge.

As i said, i'll be checking on the price of other kinds of tuna... so
about 10 lb for the feast. We're cooking most food off site and ahead
of time - i will make the date sauce ahead of time, but the tuna will
be cooked on site.

If anyone has a better idea as to which variety of tuna the Romans
were likely eating, i'd appreciate hearing what it is. Otherwise,
i'll probably just go with whatever i find that's cheapest.

Anahita