[Sca-cooks] Real Viking Event with Viking era style cooking utensils

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jul 20 01:16:22 PDT 2003

Sharon said:
> Cooking Utensil info at:
> http://www.vestrusvikingships.org/realviking/Cooking%20Utensils.pdf
>
> Trestle Table info at:
> http://www.vestrusvikingships.org/realviking/Trestle%20Table.pdf
Two very nice, interesting articles. But I'm not sure who the author of
the first one is. And for the second, it isn't you. Sharon could you
please send me names and contact info for the authors or pass on this
message? I'd be interested in adding both of these articles to the
Florilegium. Possibly in PDF format as I expect add that format in the
future or as my usual text/RTF/HTML formats. My standard policy is that
the copyright stays with the author, I try very hard to make sure the
author gets credit and I take updates or removal requests :-( at any
time.

> Seems like it would be fun to pull together a Viking camp cookery FAQ.
>  The
> Florilegium has some posts compiled at
> http://www.florilegium.org/
> under food-by-region and then under Norse-Viking.  Anyone on this list
> like
> to cook in that style at Pennsic?
If someone would like to create a Viking camp cookery FAQ type file,
even if most of the info is drawn from other sources in the
Florilegium, I'd love to add this also to the Florilegium. Some folks
might find such a file organisation easier to use than the message
files.

For more material on Viking things I would recommend looking at
Gunnora's site. Much of the material on the Norse in the Florilegium
comes from her. I believe her current URL is: vikinganswerlady.com as
some cyber squatters grabbed her old site of vikinganswerlady.org
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com