[Sca-cooks]Tuna, tuna, tuna

Dan Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Sun Jul 20 20:02:29 PDT 2003

Was written:

> Interesting considering WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) promotes
pregnant
> women and breastfeeding moms to eat Tuna. Aurore

> > Regards Tuna:
> >
> > It is my understanding that there is a general caution out from the FDA
> > regards the ingestion of tuna as well as swordfish and shark by pregnant
> > women, nursing women and small childern...  mercury bioaccumulates in
top
> > level predators.  Thus you may find people a bit less interested in
> chowing down on Charlie T these days. :-(

According to my wife, who is nuring Margaret Caroline (who just incidentally
turned a 1 year old last Tuesday) as I write this, both of the above
statements are indeed true.  Seems that this is a typical government right
hand left hand disconnect.  What can I say... I don't work for the Feds... I
work for the State of Florida.

Daniel