[Sca-cooks] Tuna, tuna, tuna - a funny story

Edouard de Bruyerecourt bruyere at jeffnet.org
Sun Jul 20 22:59:07 PDT 2003

Some years ago, our local shire held a feast and we were graced by the
presence of the Coronet (well, they lived in the shire). The cook used
some frozen whole tuna that he had aquired for another shire feast
almost a year before (yes, a little burnt here and there). There was one
frozen tuna left over. The shire, in good humour, presented said frozen
tuna to His Highness, Prince William Geoffrey the Rogue. Seizing upon
the chance to double the honor to the shire (or to avoid responsibilty
for the disposal of such a fish), Prince William Geoffrey, in turn,
presented the tuna to Duke James Greyhelm, in acknowledgement of his
well known love of fishing. The tuna began the journey around the hall,
in the same manner as the pike at the tournament of Pleurs (William
Marshall). Myself and a friend strategically exited the building before
we became targets. Lo, and behold, outside, and casually leaning against
his car while enjoying a smoke, was another shire resident and beloved
curmudgeon, Kevin Strengfellow (imagine a drole but not-so-green Shrek).
Reentering the hall, Kyrie and I announced that "Kevin is outside!"
Immediately, the entire hall rose to go find Kevin. Kyrie and I exited
quickly to attempt to corner Kevin. He was a bit suspicious that we came
over to him at a fast, laughing trot. When the entire feast started
exiting the front door and the side kitchen door, we heard him exclaim
"This looks evil" before running away down the block.

We left the frozen tuna under his windshield wiper.

--
Edouard, Sire de Bruyerecourt
bruyere at jeffnet.org
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument
 than why I have one." - Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)