[Sca-cooks] question: Medieval restaurant at Pennsic

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Jul 21 09:01:28 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

The Battlefield Bakery was not only a tasty
> establishment, but a generous one.  At the close of the day's business,
> leftovers were delivered to gentles working at Troll, Security, etc.
>
> ::sigh:: Ou sont les Pennsiques d'antan?
>

> Brighid ni Chiarain *** mka Robin Carroll-Mann

Ah, YES!!!! The year they invented the vegetarian pasties, they were giving
the ones at the end of the day to Chirurgeon's Point. Although my usual
shift was from noon to 4, somehow I always made it up there every evening,
in case Battlefield Bakery had dropped some off. The rest of the Chirurgeons
quickly learned who got the vegetable ones ;-)

Now, guys, I'm most certainly not a vegetarian, but these were wonderful.
And don't get me wrong, the meat ones were good, but these were exquisite.
I'd kill for that recipe...

Phlip

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.