[Sca-cooks] question: Medieval restaurant at Pennsic

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 19 06:38:01 PDT 2003

On 18 Jul 2003, at 22:21, david friedman wrote:

> You are probably thinking of Battlefield Bakery. That was Marion of
> Edwinstowe's second project, some years after the Sated Tyger, which
> she was also part of. As best I recall, the food was a mix of period
> and perioid.
> --
> David/Cariadoc

I remember both with pleasure.  The Sated Tyger had two clay ovens labelled
"Hansel" and "Gretel".  The Battlefield Bakery was not only a tasty
establishment, but a generous one.  At the close of the day's business,
leftovers were delivered to gentles working at Troll, Security, etc.

::sigh:: Ou sont les Pennsiques d'antan?

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net