[Sca-cooks] professional cooks-- reality check wanted

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jul 29 07:40:41 PDT 2003

> In reality a professional caterer would buy presliced or cubed cheese,
> pre-prepped (peeled, cubed) fresh fruit, bread, individual butters or
> jellies, pasteries and frozen meat pies and a tub of pickles or olives.  If
> they didn't have to haul and set up their own tables then set up would take
> the amount of cook time for the pasties plus about an hour or less for table
> decoration (cloth, napkin, plastic ware, etc.) and opening bags and
> containers.  Probably two to three hours tops, inclusive.

*giggle* Ah-HA! Clearly the $1/head figure hasn't sunk in yet for the
person making the comments. :)

On a more cheerful note, I believe that I was mistaken for a caterer by
a food service type that I ran into at one of my Secret Ninja shopping
places. :) He asked my advice about whether out of code individually waxed
aged cheddar would still be ok. :) I ate the aged cheddar and suffered no
ill effects at least.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns
to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive. It knows the names of the
king's bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of
human folly." -- Jean-Henri Fabre