[Sca-cooks] professional cooks-- reality check wanted

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 07:02:56 PDT 2003

>Hi Guys... can i get some feedback on how much staff and prep time a 'cold
>buffet for 800' would require for a professional? I'm talking fruit,
>cheese, meat (or meat pasties), pickles, bread/pastry, etc. nothing fancy.
>
>-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net

In reality a professional caterer would buy presliced or cubed cheese,
pre-prepped (peeled, cubed) fresh fruit, bread, individual butters or
jellies, pasteries and frozen meat pies and a tub of pickles or olives.  If
they didn't have to haul and set up their own tables then set up would take
the amount of cook time for the pasties plus about an hour or less for table
decoration (cloth, napkin, plastic ware, etc.) and opening bags and
containers.  Probably two to three hours tops, inclusive.
Olwen