[Sca-cooks] professional cooks-- reality check wanted

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jul 29 07:04:14 PDT 2003

> Are you making out your bill for Eisental? ;-) Whatever it is,
> they're getting a bargain!

*grin* Nah. I've decided that someone else can do the dayboard next
year... and found someone else to do it. I've got every confidence in her,
she's a hard worker, very compentent, has cooked in the SCA before, she's
gonna do a great job, and I'm glad to see her taking charge of something
in the group... Only problem is, she keeps telling everyone that she's
worked for a caterer and so a cold buffet for 800 is trivial...  Now, my
brother who also works for a caterer doesn't think it's trivial and is
astounded by the fact that I do my own shopping the way I do. (This year
we didn't have the fruit and veggies delivered, so I got to do pre-event
shopping AND make the run to the fruit wholesaler. Good thing we don't
apply for mileage!) Anyway, in my foggy state, I was beginning to wonder
whether I make a mountain out of a molehill...

[Ok, truth is, I've one nerve left and she's getting on it. :) Especially
the plans for the chicken-liver-pate sculpture for court board. :) ]

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns
to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive. It knows the names of the
king's bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of
human folly." -- Jean-Henri Fabre