[Sca-cooks] thanks from Phillipa

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 29 09:21:37 PDT 2003

Heleen Greenwald wrote:

> Many thanks to all the kind souls who are wishing me luck and wishing me
> well with my operation; Kristen, Maire, Gonza, Corwyn, Rosine, Selene,
> Olwen, Misha, Lainie......
> Selene, I will keep my fingers crossed for your husband’s shoulder
> operation. Best of luck with it. Why did he have to be off the pain meds
> beforehand?

They wanted him off all anti-inflammatory meds so they could see what they were
doing I guess!  I took him home a mere 8 hours after the surgery and he got to
sleep in his own bed last night. He's probably in less pain from the healing
incision than he was from the spur in his shoulder-joint. Miracle of modern
science, that arthroscopy!  We got to keep some photographs of his Extreme
Close-Up <g>  Incredibly weird.  I see by my incoming e-mail that he's already
awake and online.

> Yes, Mishala, Squid is treif. And you are not spelling it wrong, as......
> senior moment,,,,,, forgive me. Who said, ‘transliteration can be spelled
> however...’ it is a transliterated word.

That was I.  That's the sort of think you pick up in news biz, particularly in
the past couple decades with so much news from the Middle East where they don't
seem to care about standardized Roman Alphabet spelling.  At least the Chinese
made some effort... sigh.

Selene Colfox
selene at earthlink.net