[Sca-cooks] Chickpeas, was Duh

Sharon Gordon gordonse at one.net
Wed Jul 30 06:52:12 PDT 2003

>Yeah, you'd think, with that name, huh? But Chez Panisse is supposed
to be one of the greatest restaurants in the history of the field.
(I've never been there.) And you were disappointed by that?

***I was at a gathering where she volunteered to do the food for us.  Every
dish was one interesting delicious fresh local food delight after another.
She has a real gift for combining foods at the peak of their ripeness.  The
dishes were beautiful too.  Each day there were different things from the
season's bounty.  To me she's like a Michaelangelo of food.

I haven't had a chance to eat at her restaurant, but I'd very much like to.

Sharon
gordonse at one.net