[Sca-cooks] Re:Has anyone roasted a pig on a spit.

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 31 22:55:54 PDT 2003

Yeke Delger commented:
> Thank you all with your help on my questions of cooking the whole pig.
> You have all
> been so wonderful. To those that suggested using a pig cooker, I would
> love to do that,
> but my Baron and Baroness want us to do it on a spit, so we do it on a
> spit. The Baron is
> making the spit for me. Thank you all again.
Okay, I would take what you read here, as well as the first hand
experiences related in the Florilegium files I mentioned in another
message earlier this message, and consider if with that information,
you can get your baron to change his mind.

If not, then use the information in those files to work around the
difficulties of actually cooking the pig on a spit, such as making a
sufficent wind block and make sure you leave enough time in your
schedule to get the pig cooked. Ten or twelve hours may not do it.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com