[Sca-cooks] Asian supermarkets

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptdprolog.net
Sun Jun 1 12:50:56 PDT 2003

I had the good fortune to be in Philadelphia's China Town yesterday.  My husband and I visited a few Chinese groceries. Unfortunately, everything, well, 99% of the stuff, was written in Chinese or Korean.  I was totally lost. (I did manage to get some great smelling jasmine tea though, 1/2 lb for $2.89.

Can anyone  suggest which foods or foodstuffs I should look for the next time I am there, so I can keep some basic Asian foodstuffs around to be able to make some good Asian food on short notice.

Thanks!
Phillipa
--
[ Clear Day Bkgrd.jpg of type image/jpeg deleted ]