[Sca-cooks] RANT - OT and OOP - Just letting off steam

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 16:10:17 PDT 2003

I spent a most unrewarding day today courtesy of the US Veteran's Affairs Administration.
I needed a medical certification from the VA hospital in order to get a leave of absence from work.  I had completed my part of it about a month ago and faxed it to Daddy's care provider to complete and return to my boss.
I was awakened this morning around 7 AM by the personnel office calling to say they'd never received it.  I sent e-mail to my boss, and he confirmed that he had not received it.  I called the VA, and they had no record of receiving it.  So down to the VA hospital to sit around cooling my heels at the Release of Information office.  After about a 45 minute wait, I was sent to the Medical Records office to sit and wait.  After the clerk there returned from a two hour lunch, I waited an hour and a half for her to tell me I needed a new release of information form, since they had lost the one I signed last month.  Down the hall to get the form signed.  Got the form signed, and the clerk then tells me that they have no record of receiving the medical certificate forms.  Down the hall, out of that building, into another building, to the clinic to wait to talk to Daddy's care provider.  She had received the fax, and had recorded that she'd sent the form on to Release of Information to send
 to me.  Down the hall, out of that building, into the first building and back to the first stop on the merry-go-round.  They have no record of having received it.
I have my copy at home, can I go home and get it and bring it in to be signed?  Yes, but they will be closing for the day in about 10 minutes, so I will have to return tomorrow morning.
When I got home, I had received e-mail from my boss saying they'd faxed the form to him about the time I was arguing with them about whether or not they had received it.
Total time wasted: 6 hours.
ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH ! ! !

Mordonna

Lady Anne du Bosc